The Finance Department functions under the direction of the Finance Director, who is appointed by the County Administrator. The Finance Director receives policy guidance from the County’s Finance Committee.
The mission is to accurately report the financial position of the county. Within the scope of this mission is the responsibility to coordinate and direct all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system. This responsibility requires that we be service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while still assuring that all transactions adhere to the County policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and rules established by the authoritative governing bodies.
- Processes payroll, accounts payable and internal auditing related to expenditures
- Issues 1099s and W-2s
- Prepares required and/or requested fiscal reports
- Prepared the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and the Federal and State single audit report
- Prepares annual financial informational return to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Assists in long range financial forecasting/planning
- Monitors and interprets changes in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Monitors and interprets changes in state/federal laws that impact County finances
- Advises and consults with departments in coordination of achieving budgetary goals
- Maintains financial software