Environmental Health Program

Environmental Health Program

Any questions or complaints should be directed to Jefferson County Environmental Health Consortium 920-262-8094  Holly Hisel, Kaylie Mason or Tyler Kubicek. EMAIL 

The Jefferson County Health Department works in partnership with the City of Watertown Department of Public Health for Environmental Health Services through the Jefferson County Environmental Health Consortium.

Environmental Health Specialists provide community outreach and education on environmental health problems.

As agents for the State Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, Sanitarians and Environmental Health Specialists from the Consortium inspect and issue a license for all retail food establishments, including restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, public swimming pools, 
hotels, motels, campgrounds and tattoo establishments. Facilities must be inspected and licensed before operating.

Codes for Licensed Establishments

Carbon Monoxide Information

Environmental Complaint Form

Environmental Health Specialists respond to problems affecting the general public such as:

Human Health Hazards, Rabies Control & Animal Bites, Flooding, Lead Poisoning, Solid Waste, Fiares in Licensed Establishments, Radon and Asbestos in Buildings, Water Pollution, Concerns Regarding Licensed Establishments, Trash, Garbage & Junk, Indoor and Outdoor Air Pollution, Chemical Spills, Rats and Other Vermin, Housing Issues and Natural Disasters.

Links to the Administrative Rules for licensing:

Lodging Reinspection Criteria
Lodging including Hotels, Motels & Tourist Rooming Houses (ATCP 72)

Bed & Breakfast Establishments (ATCP 73)

Restaurant Reinspection Criteria
Retail Food Establishments (ATCP 75)

Swimming Pool Reinspection Criteria
Safety, Maintenance & Operations of Public Pools & Water Attractions (ATCP 76)

Recreational Educational Camp Reinspection Criteria
Recreational & Educational Camps (ATCP 78)

Campground Reinspection Criteria
Campgrounds (ATCP 79)

Tattoo Reinspection Criteria
Tattooing & Body Piercing (SPS 221)

Link to DATCP "Food Scoop" Bulletin regarding Mobil and Temporary Restaurants

Fee Schedule for Licensed Facilities

I belong to a nonprofit organization and we are planning on selling hot dogs at a band concert.
Does the nonprofit organization need a license/permit?

Nonprofit organizations that prepare, serve, or sell meals up to 3 days,
or retail foods up to 12 days during any 12 – month period are exempt from licensing.

Related Links

Approved Water Test Kits

Fecal Incident Response Report Form

Swimming Pool and Water Attraction Death, Injury and Illness Report Form 



Food Code Fact Sheets

Food & Restaurant Information Recreational Facilities 
(Campgrounds, Recreational Educational Camps, Lodging, Bed & Breakfasts, 
  Hotels and Motels, Tourist Rooming Houses, Swimming Pools & Water Attractions)